Are you an Apple lover? Have you already asked yourself questions about the health benefits of apples like:
- What are the health benefits of eating apples?
- Is there a best time to eat apples?
- What do apples do for health?
- Are there side effects of eating apples?
Today, I’m going to show you what apples as organic healthinizer can do for you, your body and spirit health.
Lets get started…
Eating an apple per day, keeps the doctor away!
What are the health benefits of apples?
This statement exists in many languages and cultures. Therefore, it is not surprising that the importance of apples for a well-balanced diet has been known for centuries. Furthermore, apples are part of many religious traditions used as mystical or even forbidden fruit that we can barely resist. For instance, in the Greek mythology or the Christianity, apples are a symbol of youthfulness, health, fertility and power. However, through the food industrialization, the benefits of apples for our physical and psychical health were almost forgotten.
- Firstly, apples contain almost no fat and are to 86% made of water. Therefore, they are sensationally suitable for low-fat weight loss diets.
- Secondly, apples contain dietary fiber. Thus, help you speed your metabolism.
- Thirdly, apples contain sugars. This makes them an excellent source of energy.
- Fourthly, apple contain a dissent amount of Vitamin C. Therefore, they activate your immune system and enables your defensive forces.
- Fifthly, apples contain a dissent amount of Calcium and Magnesium. As a result, they strengthen your bones and speed the recovery of your muscles.
Apple Nutrition Facts
A raw apple contains:
- 86% of water
- 14% carbohydrates (75% of which are Sugars and 25% are dietary fiber). As a result, the apple is an excellent source of energy (a kind of a fast energy booster)
- Negligible content of fat and protein
- Vitamins: Vitamin A equivalents, beta-Carotene, Lutein zeaxanthin, Thiamine – Vitamin B1, Riboflavin – Vitamin B2, Niacin – Vitamin B3, Pantothenic acid – Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin K
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc
|– Sugars||10.39 g|
|– Dietary fiber||2.4 g|
|Vitamin A equiv.||3 micrograms|
|Lutein zeaxanthin||29 micrograms|
|Thiamine B1||0.017 mg|
|Riboflavin B2||0.026 mg|
|Niacin B3||0.091 mg|
|Pantothenic acid B5||0.061 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.041 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.6 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.18 mg|
|Vitamin K||2.2 microgram|
Apples are Organic Healthinizers
What do apples do for your health?… The top 10 sensational health benefits of apples are:
1. Health Benefit of Apples – Whiter, healthier teeth
Biting and chewing an apple activates the production of saliva in your mouth. As a result the tooth decay is being reduced by lowering the level of bacteria. However, eating apples do not replace brushing your teeth.
Warning! Be careful of using your toothbrush straight after eating an apple! You should not brush your teeth earlier than 30 min after eating an apple.
2. Health Benefit of Apples – Activate anti-aging body processes
Furthermore, apples contain an anti-aging compound. In addition, their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties support you to healthfully age. In other words, eating apples extends your period of health (healthspan).
3. Health Benefit of Apples – Control your weight
Apples contain almost no fat and are made up to 86% of water. Therefore, they are extremely suitable for low-fat weight loss diets. Furthermore, the contained dietary fiber and Magnesium help you to speed-up your metabolism. In addition, the skin of an apple contain pectin and it has detoxifying and diuretic effect on your body. At the same time, apples provide excellent source of energy (however, Honey is known as the strongest organic energy booster).
In other words, apples similarly to pineapple and watermelon enable your body to fight and prevent water retention, speed-up your metabolism, detoxify and provide sufficient energy to your organism without introducing additional fat. Therefore, they assist you to control your weight.
4. Health Benefit of Apples – Detoxify your liver and entire body
Your liver is responsible for clearing the toxins out of your body. However, many nutrition experts are skeptical about fad detox diets. But, super foods, such as apples, peaches and nectarines support you in organically healthinizing and detoxifying your liver and organism in general. Apple ingredients, such as dietary fiber, Magnesium and pectin activate your metabolism, initiate the transport of unnecessary water depots out of your body and achieve detoxifying effect.
5. Health Benefit of Apples – Achieve prebiotic effects and promote good gut bacteria
Apples and especially their skin contain pectin. At the same time, pectin is a type of fiber that has prebiotic properties. Therefore, the pectin feeds the good bacteria in your gut.
Your small intestine does not absorb fiber during digestion. As a result, the fiber is transported to your colon. In other words, it supports the growth of good bacteria. In conclusion, this may be the reason for some of the health benefits of apples in protecting you against obesity, diabetes and heart diseases.
Moreover, other organic healthinizers that you can add to your diet to improve your digestion, are:
6. Health Benefit of Apples – Boost your immune system
In addition to their prebiotic and detoxifying effects, apples, especially the red one, contain an antioxidant called quercetin. For instance, recent research shows that quercetin can help you to fortify your immune system. Furthermore, apples contain Vitamin C and Zinc that boost the defensive forces of your body.
7. Health Benefit of Apples – Reduce cholesterol
8. Apples are good for your heart
Apples reduce the buildup of cholesterol-rich plaque in your arteries. Because they reduce the level of cholesterol in your body. As a result, the blood flow to your heart is not reduced that naturally leads to a healthier heart.
Further organic healthinizers that amazingly improve the health of your heart, are:
9. Apples decrease your risk of diabetes
Several studies show that eating an apple a day lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by almost 30%. For instance, researchers believe that the polyphenols in apples help to prevent tissue damage to beta cells in your pancreas. At the same time, these are the cells responsible for the insulin production in your body.
10. Health Benefit of Apples – Prevent various other diseases
Apples enable you to significantly decrease the risk and protect yourself from various diseases, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, gallstones, irritable bowel syndrome, cataracts, diarrhea, constipation and even hemorrhoids.
What is the best time to eat apples to obtain health benefits?
Similarly, to many other fruits, apples should be preferably consumed in the morning hours and the reason is pretty logical: In the morning, your body functions start one after the other. Exactly this is the perfect time when you can assist your vital functions by eating 1 to 3 mid-size apples. However, there are several recommendations that you need to consider.
- Recommendation 1: Do not eat apples on an empty stomach in the morning. But, ensure that you first drink a cup of tea or a glass of water.
- Recommendation 2: After drinking water or tea in the morning, leave at least 30 minutes before you begin to eat an apple.
- Recommendation 3: After eating apples, try to not drink or eat something else for at least 2 hours.
By following these simple recommendations, you can receive the most of the benefits of eating apples every day.
Are there side effects of eating apples?
Last but not least, if you do not have an apple allergy or you are not sensitive to one or more of the apple ingredients, you do not have to worry too much about side effects of eating apples. However, there are 2 possible side effects that you need to be aware of:
- Side effect 1: Brushing your teeth after eating an apple can damage the tooth enamel.
- Solution: After eating an apple, do not brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes.
- Side effect 2: Apples are causing flatulencies.
- Solution: First of all, follow the “What is the best time to eat apples?” recommendations. Furthermore, try to always bite small apple pieces and slowly but continuously chew them.
Enjoy the health benefits of eating apples every day!Organic Healthinizer Team