Native to Southeast Asia (especially Pakistan and India), Mangoes has been honored with the title of ‘King of Fruits’. This is probably because of the tons of health benefits of mango. One of the sweetest fruits with extensive family, mangoes boasts an impressive nutritional profile!
Extensive research and studies link mangoes with a wide array of health benefits. Mangoes are packed with vitamins, fiber, and minerals, and incorporating this sumptuous and pulpy fruit into your daily diet will have an exhilarating effect on your health.
Once you get to know the health benefits of mango, your love for the fruit will increase manifold. Read on to discover the nutritious and health benefits of mango:
HAPPINESS IS … eating a mango and getting the juice all over your hands and facelastlemon.com
Mango Nutritious Facts
Thinking of the health benefits of mango, there are several questions that are often asked:
- What are the advantages of eating mango?
- Is it okay to eat mango everyday?
- Can mangoes make you gain weight?
- What is the best time to eat mango?
Below, you will find the answers of these questions. However, let us start with the mango nutrition facts.
Mangoes are very low in calories but high in nutrients. A slice of mango offers:
- Calories: 99
- Fats: 0.6 grams
- Vitamins: Vitamin C: 67% of the RDI, Vitamin A: 10% of the RDI, Vitamin E: 9.7% of the RDI, Vitamin K: 6% of the RDI
Small traces of other minerals, including calcium, selenium, and iron, have also been detected.
A slice of mango fulfills almost 70% of our daily requirement for Vitamin C. This, in turn, boosts the immune system and enhances the absorption of iron by our body.
Mangoes help to maintain the efficiency of the digestive system. The digestive enzymes in mangoes help to break down large protein molecules, making it easier for the body to absorb them. Its fiber-rich nature keeps the digestive tract working efficiently and helps counter stomach-related diseases such as constipation and diarrhea.
Dietary fiber, one of the most abundant nutrients in mangoes, can help to prevent heart diseases and type-2 diabetes. Also, Green mangoes are richer in fiber than ripe mangoes.
Other organic healthinizers that you can add to your diet to improve your digestive health, are:
- Ananas helps in digestion
- Watermelon improves digestion
- Peaches and Nectarines contribute to smoothly running digestion
- Apples have prebiotic effect
- Lemons improve digestive health
- Bananas for a healthy digestive system
- Grapefruits assist your digestion
Immunity Booster – Health Benefits of Mango
It may sound surprising, but a single mango can fulfill up to 80% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C. Moreover, it is also a rich source of Vitamin A, B, and other carotenoids. These powerful vitamins support the body to produce disease-fighting white blood cells, which in turn, help boost the immune system and keeps your body strong against bacterial attacks.
On top of it, mangoes are anti-inflammatory and help reduce inflammation in conditions like ulcerative colitis.
Further organic healthinizers that will boost your immunity, are:
- Lemon supports your immunity
- Honey acts as a shield against bacteria
- Apples assist your immune system
- Grapefruits make your immunity system stronger
Natural Skin Glow Maker
Additionally, its abundance in Vitamin C makes mango a key player in improving skin and hair health. For instance, mango cleanses the skin from within and adds a natural glow to your skin.
Furthermore, mangoes encourage the production of collagen – a protein that re-energizes your skin and health. Vitamin A further strengthens hair growth and moisturizes the scalp for healthier hair growth.
Moreover, the following organic healthinizer have sensational impact on your skin and hair health:
- Lemons support healthier skin
- Watermelon is also good for skin and hair
- Honey improves the health of your skin
- Peaches protect your skin
- Cherries are good for your skin
- Bananas for instant glowing skin
Important For A Healthy Heart – Health Benefits of Mango
Finally, one of the key benefits of mango is its potential to support a healthy heart. The reasons for this valuable mango property, are:
- Firstly, its magnesium and potassium components ensure a normal blood flow to your body and keep your blood vessels relaxed. As a result, mango reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- Secondly, mangiferin, an anti-oxidant in mangoes, protects the heart against cell inflammation and controlled cell death.
A balanced and varied diet with fruits and vegetables such as mangoes can go a long way in ensuring a healthy heart.
Additionally, the following organic healthinizers will support the health of your heart:
- Eat a lemon for stronger heart
- Apples are good for your heart health
- Peaches and Nectarines have positive impact on the health of your heart
- Grapes improve the health of your heart
- Bananas for a healthier heart
What is the best time to eat a mango to get full advantage of its health benefits?
Similarly, to many other fruits such as apples, peaches, nectarines, pineapple and cherries, mango should be preferably consumed in the morning hours. In other words, this is the perfect moment in which you can assist your vital body functions by eating one mid-size mango. However, there are several recommendations that you need to keep in mind.
- First Recommendation: Do not eat mango on an empty stomach in the morning. But, ensure that you first drink a cup of tea or a glass of water.
- Second Recommendation: After drinking water or tea in the morning, leave at least 30 minutes before you begin to eat a mango.
- Third Recommendation: After eating a mango, try to not drink or eat something else for at least 2 hours.
So, Is Mango Good For You?
It’s better to eat a sweet mango rather than a bland medicine. With so many health benefits of mangoes, ranging from a boosted immune system to protecting the heart, the fruit is rightfully the ‘King of Fruits’.
Enjoy the health benefits of eating mango every day!Organic Healthinizer Team