While doing groceries, this aesthetically pleasing summer fruit will always catch your eye and make you want to fill your trolley with a couple of boxes. Cherries aren’t just beautiful. They are also delicious. Their sweetness and tartness give them perfect harmony. At this stage the following questions are naturally asked: What do cherries do for your body? Are cherries good for weight loss? What are the health benefits of cherries?
With Cherries nutritional facts, there are tons of benefits of Cherries. Cherries offer great nutritional value as they are an excellent source for – proteins, fibers, Vitamin C & B, Potassium, Manganese, and Copper- all this with low calories. Thus, Cherries are a healthy and tasty snack.
I suggest you go ahead and eat that last slice of Cherry Pie, or you will forever regret your decision after reading these health benefits of Cherries. So, what are the health benefits of Cherries? Let’s find out!
Life is just a bowl of cherries, don’t take it serious, its mysterious. Life is just a bowl of cherries, so live and laugh and laugh at love, love a laugh, laugh and love.Bob Fosse
Cherries Reduce Chances of Diabetes – Health Benefit of Cherries
This fruit ranks lower on the Glycemic Index than other fruits, meaning it does not cause sudden changes in insulin and blood sugar levels. The powerful antioxidant- Anthocyanin- reduces the risk of diabetes due to its ability to restrict Type-2 diabetes enzymes, thus reducing glucose absorption.
Further organic healthinizers that help you reduce the chance of diabetes, are:
- Apples – decrease your risk of diabetes
- Peaches and nectarines – decrease your risk of diabetes
- Honey vs sugar for diabetes
- Grapes minimizes the chance of diabetes
No more insomnia! – Health Benefit of Cherries
Cherries contain melatonin, a hormone that controls your sleep-wake cycles. An increase in this hormone helps improve your sleep duration and quality, reducing sleep disorders. Tryptophan, melatonin, and serotonin, present in cherries, results in feeling charged after waking up from sleep.
Anti-inflammatory Properties of Cherries
This property is owed to the high proportions of Polyphenols, Vitamin C, and Anthocyanin. Polyphenols, an antioxidant, help protect your body from cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, and liver diseases, among many other chronic illnesses. Anthocyanin, on the other hand, helps fight heart diseases, cancer, and obesity.
Cherries Relieve Post-Exercise Pain – Health Benefit of Cherries
Cherries help decrease oxidative damage done post intense workout sessions. Tart cherries are great for reducing inflammation and speeding up muscle recovery after exercise.
This property makes it a suitable snack for athletes as it reduces wear and tear of muscles. The high Vitamin C content also helps improve one’s immune system and keeps you healthy. By the way, grapefruits can further help you to boost your immune system.
Further organic healthinizers that relieve post-exercise pain, are:
- Watermelon – no more muscle soreness
- Peaches and nectarines accelerate the muscle recovery
- Apples speed up the muscle recovery
Here’s to More Brain Power!
- Anthocyanin present in Cherries helps improve Cognitive functions and reduces memory loss, thus lowering Alzheimer’s risk.
- Polyphenols make the information transmission between the brain and the body more efficient.
- Serotonin, a chemical, is known for well-being and happiness, reduces anxiety, and improves mental health.
Reduces Arthritis Pain and Gout Attacks – Benefit of Cherries
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Cherry helps relieve arthritis pain as it reduces joint pains through controlling nitric oxide in the body. It also reduces the chances of Gout, inflammatory arthritis caused by Uric acid formation.
It’s all about the Skin!
The high composition of antioxidants helps fight free-radicals in the body. This causes a reduction in dark spots, leading to fresh and lighter skin. Cherries also contains Vitamins A & C, which help keep the skin hydrated and improves blood circulation.
Additional organic healthinizers that improve the health of your skin, are:
- Watermelon – good for skin and hair
- Honey – supports good and healthy skin
- Peaches protect your skin
- Bananas for instant glowing skin
- Nectarines improve your skin protection
- Lemon assists the health of your skin
- Mango is natural skin glow maker
Are Cherries Good For You?
Seeing the amazing nutritional value of cherries, it is proven that these sweet cherries are not all about adding a pop of color to your dishes. They also deliver nutritional value and various health benefits. So the next time you are at a supermarket, don’t think twice. Hoard all that cherries because cherries health is a real thing!
What is the best time to eat cherries to gain health benefits?
Similarly, to many other fruits such as apples, peaches, nectarines and pineapple, cherries should be preferably consumed in the morning hours. In other words, this is the perfect moment in which you can assist your vital body functions by eating approx. 200g of cherries. However, there are several recommendations that you need to keep in mind.
- First Recommendation: Do not eat cherries on an empty stomach in the morning. But, ensure that you first drink a cup of tea or a glass of water.
- Second Recommendation: After drinking water or tea in the morning, leave at least 30 minutes before you begin to eat cherries.
- Third Recommendation: After eating cherries, try to not drink or eat something else for at least 2 hours.
Are there side effects of eating cherries?
Last but not least, if you do not have a cherry allergy, you do not have to worry too much about side effects of eating cherries. However, there are 3 possible side effects that you need to be aware of:
- Side effect 1: Brushing your teeth after eating cherries can damage the tooth enamel.
- Solution: After eating cherries, do not brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes.
- Side effect 2: Cherries may cause flatulencies.
- Solution: Follow the “What is the best time to eat cherries?” recommendations.
Enjoy the health benefits of eating cherries every day!Organic Healthinizer Team