Cultivating grapes dates back to ancient civilization, and today, these nutritious gemsare classified as red, green, black, yellow, and pink. Native to temperate climates, grapes offer a complete package of health benefits.
They may seem tiny, but a single grape can be loaded with more than 1600 compounds – each of which having nutrients of its own, contributing to your good health.
Let’s walk you through the health benefits of grapes and why you must incorporate this downright gorgeous fruit into your daily diet. So, let’s find out about the tons of grapes benefits.
The juice of the grape is the liquid quintessence of concentrated sunbeams.Thomas Love Peacock
Nutritional Value of Grapes
The tiny fruit is a complete package of nutrition with red or green grapes containing the following:
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1.5 grams
- Vitamin C: 27% of the daily requirement
- Vitamin K: 28% of the daily requirement
- Manganese: 5% of the daily requirement
A single cup of grapes fulfills about 25% of the daily requirement of Vitamin K, a vitamin that strengthens the bones and helps in blood clotting.
Grapes Can Improve Heart Health – Grapes Health Benefit
There are simply just too many reasons as to why grapesare good for your heart.
- A cup of grapes fulfills almost 6% of the daily requirement of potassium. This ensures a smooth blood supply to-and-from the heart, preventing heart-related diseases such as stroke and blood pressure.
- Grape components also fight against high cholesterol levels. A study on grapes found that people eating red grapes had lower ‘cholesterol’ levels.
Grapesare rich in fiber and potassium, both of which are essential for heart health. Continuous potassium intake with reduced sodium consumption can have a positive effect on cardiovascular health. Consumption of Potassium has also been linked to protection against loss of muscle mass.
Additionally, the following organic healthinizers support the health of your heart:
- Mango is important for a healthy heart
- Eat a lemon for a stronger heart
- Apples are extremely good for your heart health
- Peaches and nectarines have positive impact on the health of your heart
- Watermelon for a healthy and happy heart
- Bananas for a healthy and stronger heart
Grapes Helps To Fight against Diabetes – Grapes Health Benefit
Are grapes healthy for diabetic patients? A cup of grapes contains almost 23 grams of sugar, so the answer is yes!
Grapes have a very low glycemic index, i.e., the fruit does not rapidly raise the sugar levels. Not only this, grapes even help reduce sugar levels. This happens because resveratrol enhances insulin sensitivity, helps your body absorb glucose, and lower blood sugar levels.
Further organic healthinizers that are bringing health advantages in the diabetes context, are:
- Cherries reduce the chance of diabetes
- Apples decease the risk of diabetes
- Peaches and nectarines minimize the exposure to diabetes
- Honey vs sugar for diabetes
You like white grapes or black grapes; theyare rich in antioxidants, making them super beneficial for eye health. Grapes neutralize the free radicals, which, in turn, protect the retina from any damage. It also helps in reducing oxidative stress and prevents cataracts.
The natural composition of grapes eases inflammation and guards the cells against any damage. It has been proven that by incorporating grapes in your daily diet, the risk of contracting eye diseases such as glaucoma and cataracts is made significantly low.
Other valuable organic healthinizers that assist the health of your eyes, are peaches and nectarines.
Helps Fights against Cancer
One of the most important benefits of grapes is that it offers protection against cancer. The skin of red grapes is rich in resveratrol; a compound thoroughly studied for cancer prevention and treatment.
The antioxidants found in grapes, mainly polyphenols and quercetin, stop or at least slow down the growth of cancer cells.
Moreover, the following organic healthinizers have positiv impact on fights against cancer:
- Eating pineapple supports the fight against cancer
- Peaches and nectarines decrease the risk of cancer
- Apples minimize the chance of cancer
Are Grapes Good For You?
The answer is definitely yes! Based on the above-mentioned health benefits of Grapes; there is no doubt that grapes will transform you into a healthy person when consumed in a balanced diet. So make sure to increase your intake of this sweet fruit to benefit from grapes nutrition.
Enjoy the health advantages of eating grapes every day!Organic Healthinizer Team