Are you a peach sweetheart or you prefer nectarines? Thinking about peaches, nectarines and their nutritional and health benefits, several questions are naturally being asked:
- What are the health benefits of eating peaches and nectarines?
- Do you know what is the best time to eat peaches? How about nectarines?
- What do peaches and nectarines do for your health?
- Are there side effects of eating peaches or nectarines?
Today, I’m going to show you what peaches and nectarines as organic healthinizers can do for you, your body and your spirit health.
An apple is an excellent thing… until you have tried a peach.George du Maurier
What are the health benefits of eating peaches and nectarines?
The famous George du Maurier saying shows in a remarkable way the importance of diversity in our live. At the same time, this is extremely valid for the great variety of organic healthinizers around us.
Furthermore, peaches fascinated many famous and influential painters, writers and artist for centuries. As a result, their work shows the past, current and future value of peaches and nectarines for our diet and our physical and psychical health.
- Firstly, peaches and nectarines contain almost no fat and are to 89% made of water. Therefore, they are extremely suitable for low-fat weight loss diets.
- Secondly, peaches and nectarines contain dietary fiber. Thus, help you speed your metabolism.
- Thirdly, peaches and nectarines contain sugars. Because of this, they are an excellent source of energy.
- Fourthly, peaches and nectarines contain a dissent amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Therefore, they activate your immune system and enables your defensive forces. At the same time, they are good for your skin and eyesight.
- Finally, peaches and nectarines contain a dissent amount of Calcium and Magnesium. As a result, they strengthen your bones and speed the recovery of your muscles.
Peach Nutrition Facts
A raw peach contains:
- Peaches are made to 88.9% of water.
- At the same time, 9.5% of their ingredients are carbohydrates (88% of which are Sugars and 12% are dietary fiber). As a result, the peach is sensational source of energy (super-fast energy booster).
- Furthermore, peaches have negligible content of fat and protein.
- Moreover, peaches are rich of the following vitamins : Vitamin A equivalents (beta-Carotene and Lutein zeaxanthin), Thiamine – Vitamin B1, Riboflavin – Vitamin B2, Niacin – Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin K
- Last but not least, peaches supply the following minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc and Copper
|– Sugars||8.39 g|
|– Dietary fiber||1.5 g|
|Vitamin A equiv.||16 micrograms|
|Lutein zeaxanthin||91 micrograms|
|Thiamine B1||0.024 mg|
|Riboflavin B2||0.031 mg|
|Niacin B3||0.806 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.025 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.6 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.73 mg|
|Vitamin K||2.6 microgram|
Nectarine Nutrition Facts
A raw nectarine contains:
- 87.6% of water
- 10.6% carbohydrates (75% of which are Sugars and 25% are dietary fiber). As a result, the nectarine is excellent source of energy
- Negligible content of fat and protein
- Vitamins: Vitamin A equivalents (beta-Carotene and Lutein zeaxanthin), Thiamine – Vitamin B1, Riboflavin – Vitamin B2, Niacin – Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin K
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc and Copper
|– Sugars||7.89 g|
|– Dietary fiber||1.7 g|
|Vitamin A equiv.||17 micrograms|
|Lutein zeaxanthin||130 micrograms|
|Thiamine B1||0.034 mg|
|Riboflavin B2||0.027 mg|
|Niacin B3||1.125 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.025 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.4 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.77 mg|
|Vitamin K||2.2 microgram|
Peach vs. Nectarine
|Energy||39 kcal||44 kcal|
Therefore, if you want to control your weight, you should better choose a peach. However, if your body requires more energy, you should better choose a nectarine. Nevertheless, if you eat peach or nectarine, your body and your health will benefit from the same healthinizing cocktail of vitamins and minerals.
Peaches and Nectarines are Organic Healthinizers
As a result, the question naturally comes, what do peaches and nectarines do for your health?… The top 12 health benefits of peaches and nectarines are:
1. Health Benefit of Peaches – Activate anti-aging body processes
In the first place, peaches and Nectarines contain an anti-aging compound – flavonoids. Therefore, peaches help you to slow down aging of your body. In addition, their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties support you to healthfully age. In other words, eating apples extends your period of health.
2. Health Benefit of Peaches – Contribute to smoothly running digestion
In the second place, the dietary fiber in peaches helps regulate and improve your digestion. For instance, 1 medium-size peach provides nearly 10% of the diary minimum fiber target for an adult. In addition to being good for your metabolism, peaches and nectarines act as a diuretic. In other words, they help to cleanse your kidney and the bladder. However, at the same time, they act as prebiotics, feeding beneficial bacteria in your gut.
In addition, the following organic healthinizers can help you to improve your digestive health:
- Pineapple helps digestion
- Watermelon improves digestion
- Lemon assists the health of your digestion
- Mango supports digestive health
- Bananas for a healthy digestive system
- Grapefruits are good for your digestion
3. Health Benefit of Peaches – Detoxify your entire body
Equally important, peaches and nectarines are rich in antioxidants. Therefore, they support detoxification. For instance, recent study even shows that smokers eating peaches increase the removal of nicotine out of their body.
4. Health Benefit of Peaches – Control your weight
Another extremely important fact is that peaches and nectarines contain almost no fat and are made almost up to 89% of water. Therefore, they are extremely suitable for low-fat weight loss diets. Furthermore, the contained dietary fiber and Magnesium help you to speed-up your metabolism. In addition, they have detoxifying and diuretic effect on your body. At the same time, peaches and especially nectarines provide excellent source of energy (However, honey is the strongest organic energy booster).
In other words, peaches and nectarines enable your body to fight and prevent water retention, speed-up your metabolism, detoxify and provide sufficient energy to your organism without introducing additional fat. Therefore, they assist you to control your weight.
5. Health Benefit of Peaches – Peaches protect your skin
Further, recent study showed that peaches and nectarines improve the ability of your skin to retain moisture. In other words, they improve the skin texture. Furthermore, peaches and nectarines contain beta-carotene and Vitamin C that support the health of your skin. As a result, beta-carotene protects your skin from sun damage and Vitamin C is assisting the generation of collagen. Finally, by eating peaches, you improve the elasticity of your skin.
6. Health Benefit of Peaches – Assist your eyesight
Equally important, peaches and nectarines contain lutein and zeaxanthin that help you to protect your retinas and lens. Furthermore, the contained Vitamin A also support healthy vision.
Another, extremely important organic healthinizer that assist healthy eyesight, are grapes.
7. Health Benefit of Peaches – Reduce allergy symptoms
Besides, if you have an allergy, by eating peaches and nectarines you can reduce your allergy symptoms. When exposed to allergens, your body defense system release histamines that cause allergy symptoms like sneezing, itching and coughing. Furthermore, this health benefit of peaches is confirmed by recent research. In addition to other things, the study shows that peaches and nectarines prevent your body from releasing histamines in the blood. Therefore, peaches have anti-histaminic effect. Another organic healthinizer with anti-allergic properties is the pineapple.
8. Health Benefit of Peaches – Boost your immune system
In addition to their prebiotic and detoxifying effects, peaches and nectarines contain antioxidants. For instance, recent research shows that variety of antioxidants can help you to fortify your immune system. Furthermore, peaches and nectarines contain Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Zinc that boost the defensive forces of your body. For example, one medium-sized peach supply over 15% of the daily target for Vitamin C and 10% of your daily need of Vitamin A.
9. Health Benefit of Peaches – Control your blood pressure
Moreover, peaches and nectarines support the natural control of your blood pressure. This is because peaches contain potassium. For instance, one medium-sized peach supplies 8% of your daily-recommended target. Because of it diuretic properties, potassium assists your body to sweep excess sodium and unnecessary fluids out of your body. As a result, your body relieves the pressure on your heart and arteries.
10. Health Benefit of Peaches – Peaches are good for your heart
In addition, peaches and nectarines, assist the natural control of your blood pressure. As a result, your body relieves the pressure on your heart and arteries. Furthermore, similarly to apples, grapes, bananas and mangoes, peaches reduce the buildup of cholesterol-rich plaque in your arteries. Because they reduce the level of cholesterol in your body. In conclusion, the blood flow to your heart is not reduced that naturally leads to a healthier heart.
11. Health Benefit of Peaches – Decrease your risk of diabetes
Furthermore, several studies show that regularly eating peaches lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by almost 25%. For instance, researchers believe that the polyphenols in peaches help to prevent tissue damage to beta cells in your pancreas. At the same time, these are the cells responsible for the insulin production in your body.
Another organic healthinizer that reduces the chance of diabetes, are cherries. Furthermore, you can have a look at the grapes health benefits.
12. Health Benefit of Peaches – Prevent various other diseases
Finally, peaches and nectarines enable you to significantly decrease the risk and protect yourself from various diseases, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, and even hemorrhoids.
What is the best time to eat peaches and nectarines to obtain health benefits?
Similarly, to many other fruits such as apples, peaches and nectarines should be preferably consumed in the morning hours. In other words, this is the perfect moment in which you can assist your vital body functions by eating 1 to 3 mid-size peaches or 1 to 2 mid-size nectarines. However, there are several recommendations that you need to keep in mind.
- First Recommendation: It is always better to start your day with a cup of tea or a glass of water. Therefore, in the morning, do not eat peaches and nectarines on an empty stomach.
- Second Recommendation: After drinking water or tea in the morning, leave at least 30 minutes before you begin to eat a peach or a nectarine.
- Third Recommendation: After eating peaches and nectarines, try to not drink or eat something else for at least 2 hours.
- Forth Recommendation: Try not to eat both peaches and nectarines in a single meal. By following these simple recommendations, you can receive the most of the benefits of eating peaches and nectarines every day.
Are there side effects of eating peaches and nectarines?
Last but not least, if you do not have a peach allergy or you are not sensitive to one or more of the peach ingredients, you do not have to worry too much about side effects of eating peaches and nectarines. However, there are 3 possible side effects that you need to be aware of:
- Side effect 1: Straight after eating a peach or nectarine, brushing your teeth can damage the tooth enamel.
- Solution: After eating a peach or nectarine, do not brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes.
- Side effect 2: Quite often, peaches and nectarines can cause flatulencies.
- Solution: Therefore, follow the “What is the best time to eat peaches and nectarines” recommendations. Furthermore, try to always bite small peach or nectarine pieces and slowly but continuously chew them.
- Side effect 3: Especially peaches may cause whip poop.
- Solution: Because of this, follow the “What is the best time to eat peaches and nectarines” recommendations. Furthermore, try to always bite small peach or nectarine pieces and slowly but continuously chew them. At the same time, look at this side effect from a different viewpoint – smooth digestion is of the health benefits of eating peaches.
Enjoy the health benefits of eating peaches and nectarines every day!Organic Healthinizer Team