Pineapple (also known as ananas) can easily steal the spotlight with its outstanding taste, but besides its yummy taste, this tropical fruit has so much more to offer in terms of health benefits.
Native to Thailand, Malaysia, Kenya, India, and China, the cone-shaped pine fruit offers an array of health benefits, including improving the digestive system and keeping the heart healthy.
Here are some science-backed pineapple facts so you know why you must include pineapple and pineapple juice in your daily diet.
So, let’s get to know some pineapple benefits:
A Pineapple a Day Keeps The Worries Away!
- Ananas is nutritious
- Pineapple helps to cure sinuses and allergic swelling
- Ananas helps in digestion
- Pineapple helps when having a cold
- Ananas fights cancer
- Pineapple regulates blood pressure
- What is the best time to eat pineapple to obtain health benefits?
- Are there side effects of eating pineapples?
- Is pineapple good for you?
Health Benefit of Pineapple – It is Nutritious
Pineapples have a spectacular nutritional composition. 165 grams of pineapple contains the following nutrients:
- Fat: 1.7 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 131% of RDI
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDI
- Folate: 7% of the RDI
- Iron: 3% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 5% of the RDI
- Copper: 9% of the RDI
- Thiamin: 9% of the RDI
Being extensively rich in Vitamin-C, ananas can play a vital role in boosting the immune system and also aids in absorbing iron from our diets. Moreover, the Manganese present holds antioxidant properties and can help in the growth of the body.
Health Benefit of Pineapple – Helps to Cure Sinuses and Allergic Swelling
Again, Vitamin-C present in pineapple holds the key. Vitamin-C, coupled with bromelain, can prevent the production of mucus in the throat and nose. It is one of the well-known health benefits of pineapple. Including ananas in your diet along can help your body fight against seasonal allergies. Another organic healthinizer that can help you cure sinuses is honey.
Health Benefit of Pineapple – Helps in Digestion
Pineapple health benefits also include helping in digestion. Pineapples are rich in digestive enzymes, namely bromelain. They speed up the process of breaking protein molecules into amino acids and small peptides, which can easily be digested by our bodies. This characteristic is helpful, particularly to fulfill the deficiency of digestive enzymes in patients suffering from pancreatic insufficiency.
A study carried out on pancreatic patients proved that including bromelain in their diets speed up their digestive process. Since bromelain can break down tough proteins, it is also widely used as a meat tenderizer.
In order to further boost your digestion, you can refer to the health benefits of watermelon, health benefits of mango, health benefits of bananas, the grapefruit benefits for health and the health benefits of lemon.
Having a Cold?
Again, Vitamin C and bromelain are imperative in fighting against tough cold and coughing. Bromelain can also assist against swelling and respiratory problems. So in case you catch a cold next time, try having pineapple juice. You will recover much quicker. Pineapple juice for cough is also recommended heavily by experts.
Health Benefit of Pineapple – Fights Cancer
Cancer is a deadly disease augmented by uncontrolled cell growth. Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress may increase the growth rate of cancer to an alarming level. Since pineapple and its components can counter oxidative stress (as pineapple is loaded with antioxidants) and reduce inflammation; incorporating pineapple in your daily diet can help reduce cancer risk.
Test tube studies prove that bromelain can help the immune system produce white blood cells, which can suppress and kill the cancer cells in the body.
Another organic healthinizer that has positive supportive effect on fights against cancer, are grapes.
Health Benefits of Pineapple – Regulates Blood Pressure
Another mineral found richly in pineapple is potassium. Potassium can help to ease the tension of the blood vessels and ensures regular blood circulation to all parts of the body. A normal blood flow keeps the blood pressure normal and can prevent conditions such as stroke and atherosclerosis.
What is the best time to eat pineapple to obtain health benefits?
Similarly, to many other fruits such as apples, cherries, peaches and nectarines – ananas should be preferably consumed in the morning hours. In other words, this is the perfect moment in which you can assist your vital body functions by eating 150 to 200 gramms of pineapple. However, there are several recommendations that you need to keep in mind.
- First Recommendation: Do not eat ananas on an empty stomach in the morning. But, ensure that you first drink a cup of tea or a glass of water.
- Second Recommendation: After drinking water or tea in the morning, leave at least 30 minutes before you begin to eat a pineapple.
- Third Recommendation: After eating ananas, try to not drink or eat something else for at least 2 hours.
By following these simple recommendations, you can receive the most of the benefits of eating pineapples every day.
Are there side effects of eating pineapples?
Last but not least, if you do not have a ananas alergy or you are not sensitive to one or more of the pineapple ingredients, you do not have to worry too much about side effects of eating pineapples. However, there are 3 possible side effects that you need to be aware of:
- Side effect 1: Brushing your teeth after eating a pineapple can damage the tooth enamel.
- Solution: After eating a pineapple, do not brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes.
- Side effect 2: Pineapples are causing flatulencies.
- Solution: Follow the “What is the best time to eat pineapple?” recommendations. Furthermore, try to always bite small ananas pieces and slowly but continuously chew them.
- Side effect 3: Pineapples may cause whip poop.
- Solution: Follow the “What is the best time to eat pineapple?” recommendations. Furthermore, try to always bite small pineapple pieces and slowly but continuously chew them. At the same time, look at this side effect from a different viewpoint – smooth digestion is of the health benefits of eating ananas.
So, is Pineapple Good for You?
So, now you know the benefits of pineapple. Pineapples are sweet and loaded with nutrients. The nutrients offered by pineapple have proven to be very effective for good health. It carries a variety of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and enzymes.
The tropical fruit can be consumed in a variety of ways, and regular use of ananas is sure to keep you fit and healthy. It is pineapple pizza, fried rice, or pineapple chicken; you can make any food healthy with this fruit.
Enjoy the health benefits of eating pineapples every day!Organic Healthinizer Team