Can you think of something sweeter than honey? What are the health benefits of eating honey?Do you know what is the best time to eat honey? Is a spoonful of honey a day good for you? What are the side effects of eating honey?
Today, I’m going to show you what honey as organic healthinizer can do for you, your body and spirit health.
Lets get started…
If you have no Honey in you Pot, have some in your Mouth.Benjamin Franklin
What are the health benefits of eating honey?
Raw honey has been a vital ingredient in hundreds of remedies since the folk ages due to the many honey benefits. It is still used in the specialized treatment of wounds at many advanced health care centers. In fact, honey has so much to offer in the medical sector that one might even consider it a sweet medicine.
Its health care benefits can be easily utilized if honey is used in place of refined sugar, which is nothing but empty calories. Unfortunately, all the good offerings come out of unpasteurized or raw honey, whereas the honey we find in the grocery stores is mostly pasteurized and does not have much to offer.
So, is honey healthy? Is honey good for you? Well, here are 8 health benefits of honey, which are going to give your body the healthy boost it deserves.
- Firstly, honey contains almost no fat and is to 17% made of water. Therefore, it is suitable for low-fat weight loss diets.
- Secondly, honey is made to 82% of sugars. Thus, it is amazing source of energy.
- Thirdly, honey contains a dissent amount of Vitamin C. Therefore, it activates your immune system and enables your defensive forces. At the same time, honey is good for your skin.
- Finally, honey contains a dessent amount of Calcium and Magnesium. As a result, it strengthen your bones and speeds the recovery of your muscles.
Honey Nutrition Facts
Do you know that a spoon full of honey contains 31 minerals essential for a healthy body? These can help the body to work more efficiently, and also, these are not empty calories! Much better than the sweet carbs with no gains! Honey contains:
- 17.1% of water
- 82.4% carbohydrates (99.7% of which are Sugars and 0.3% are dietary fiber). As a result, the honey is amazing source of energy (extremely fast energy booster)
- Negligible content of fat and protein
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Riboflavin B2, Niacin B3, and Vitamin B6
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper and Selenium
|– Sugars||82.12 g|
|– Dietary fiber||0.2 g|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Riboflavin B2||0.038 mg|
|Niacin B3||0.121 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.024 mg|
Honey is Organic Healthinizer
What do honey do for your health?… The top 8 health benefits of honey are:
1. Health Benefit of Honey – Activate anti-aging and detoxifying body processes
In the first place, honey, like apples and peaches, is rich in antioxidants. Therefore, it support detoxification. Furthermore, antioxidants have been clinically proven as a countermeasure against heart attacks, strokes, and some types of cancers.
Moreover, pure organic honey offers an array of antioxidants, including organic acids and phenolic compounds. Studies claim that these compounds significantly boost up the antioxidant value in the human body when combined together. Studies also suggest that they help in lowering blood pressure.
2. Health Benefit of Honey – Shield against bacteria
In the second place, raw honey contains hydrogen peroxide, an antiseptic, which has been proven to effectively kill unwanted bacteria and fungus. However, it’s antibacterial and antifungal properties highly depends upon its pureness. Therefore, the purer the honey, the better it is against bacteria.
3. Health Benefit of Honey – Helps cure injuries
Honey has high glucose and fructose composition that can rapidly absorb water when applied to a wound. As a result, its healing properties make it a natural first-aid system for wounds, cuts, and burns. Moreover, as discussed above, its antibacterial nature guards against all external infections.
A 2015 study showed an acute reduction in swelling, pain, and scarring when honey was applied to the affected areas. Another study carried out on Manuka honey found that it reduced healing time for burn wounds and fought against infections.
4. Health Benefit of Honey – Supports good and healthy skin
Since honey contains antioxidants, it can help nourish the skin and protect it from damages. Honey, when applied on the face, can give you nourished, smooth and healthy skin. Thus, it is ideal for dry and patchy skin types.
Last but not least, honey is helpful in treating skin conditions, including herpes lesions and psoriasis.
5. Health Benefit of Honey – Improves sleep cycles
Furthermore, good quality organic honey helps the release of serotonin in the body, which is an important neurotransmitter helping to improve emotions.
Serotonin is converted into melatonin, which initiates not only better sleep but also promotes smooth sleep cycles. Therefore, it can be used by people who suffer insomnia and anxiety as it has soothing qualities.
6. Health Benefit of Honey – Looks after your digestion
Honey has shown some incredibly promising results in curing digestive issues, especially diarrhea. For instance, in a study, it was able to counter-attack Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria, a common cause of stomach ulcers.
It is also considered a natural prebiotic nourishing for healthy bacteria, essential for the body’s digestive system to function.
7. Health Benefit of Honey – Relief from sore throat
Using honey to cure sore throat dates as far back as the ancient Egyptians. Therefore, if you are hit by a cold, add honey to a hot steaming cup of tea along with lemons, and you will be all set for the day.
In addition, today, honey is taken as a cough suppressant. Yes, honey can do that. It has proven to be as effective as dextromethorphan, a common prescription against cough or sore throat.
8. Health Benefit of Honey – Honey vs sugar for diabetes
Between honey and sugar, the latter can be much less problematic for diabetes patients. Although it does not completely eliminate the risk factor, consuming honey can be an alternative for initial stage diabetes patients. For example, it may reduce the “bad” LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and inflammation while raising “good” HDL cholesterol. Also, there are way too few calories in honey compared to other sweet foods.
Although it does offer a “certain room to breath” for diabetes patients, it still may be consumed with utmost cautiousness, especially since some of the honey types may have been tampered with plain syrup or sugar.
What is the best time to eat honey to obtain health benefits?
Honey is sensational source of energy. Therefore, it is recommended to consume it in the first half of the day (in the morning and in the early afternoon). However, honey improves your sleep cycles. Thus, in order to take advantage of this honey health benefit, it is recommended to drink a cup of tea with a teaspoon of honey approx. one hour before going to bed.
Is a spoonful of honey a day good for you?
Honey is delicious and a sweet alternate to refined sugar that is brimming with antioxidants and healthy nutrients. However, always try to get the purest form of honey, because that’s where the real honey health benefits lie. And don’t forget “too much of a good thing is a bad thing.” Therefore, try to limit your daily consume to 4 teaspoons full of honey while omitting refined sugar in your diet.
Are there side effects of eating honey?
The health benefits of honey are truly unique. Once you start making it a part of your dietary intake, you will feel visible changes in your body functions, and it is nature’s best gift to save you from chronic disease that you might inflict in the long term. However, there are 4 possible side effects that you need to be aware of:
- Side effect 1: Honey is made to 82% of sugars. Therefore, consuming big amount of honey per day may lead pretty fast to weight-gain.
- Solution: Follow the dietary-recommendation that we already pointed here.
- Side effect 2: Honey contain sugars. Thus, it can increase the risk of caries.
- Solution: Brush your teeths regularly, but not earlier than 30 minutes after eating honey.
- Side effect 3: Honey is rich in minerals. Therefore, some people are experiencing honey as it has a metalic taste.
- Solution: Try to consume honey dissolved in a glass of lukewarm water or in a cup of tea. As a result, you can enjoy the honey taste and can assist your body to take a faster advantage of the honey health benefits.
- Side effect 4: Eating fruits rich in sugars (e.g. apples and peaches) with honey can cause fast weight-gain.
- Solution: After eating fruits leave at least 2 hours before consuming honey and vice versa.
Enjoy the health benefits of eating honey every day!Organic Healthinizer Team